1. Does The Foundation Roundtable make grants as an organization?
No, all funders follow their own foundation’s mission for granting funds.
2. Can my organization make a presentation to the Roundtable membership?
Members of the Roundtable may, from time to time, invite representatives of an organization to educate the group
regarding an issue of interest.
3. Can anyone attend Partnership for Excellence (PFE)?
The conference is open to all nonprofit staff and board members in Santa Barbara County.
4. When is the next PFE?
It will be on April 12th, 2016 at Fess Parker Resort. The focus is on the art of leadership.
5. As a funder, can I join The Foundation Roundtable?
The Roundtable welcomes funders who meet the following criteria:
6. I have a Donor Advised Fund. Am I eligible to participate?
Yes, as long as there are multiple grantees receiving combined funding over $100,00 funding in Santa Barbara County.
7. Are north Santa Barbara County funders represented?
Mid-County is represented and others are welcome.
8. Can a business or corporate giver join the Roundtable?
At this time, there is a Business Giving Roundtable for corporate philanthropy. See the Santa Barbara Foundation website under Donors. There may be opportunities for the two groups to meet and learn about the community together.
9. How many times a year does the Roundtable meet?
The members meet once a month with the exception of July. There are social gatherings from time to time. It is
anticipated that members will attend if they are in town.
10. Does the Roundtable focus on advocacy or public policy work?
Not collectively as a group.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS